Son of Kentucky shuttler Street Boss earned first group I victory.
Shamus Award tried for the seemingly impossible in the Aus$1million Australian Cup (Aus-I) March 8 at Flemington. He led nearly all the way, but then wilted late as Fiorente proved himself the nation's best horse.
Shamexpress won the $1 million Newmarket Handicap and Super Cool captured the $1 million Australia Cup March 9 at Flemington.
After taking the $1 million Newmarket Handicap (Aus-I) on March 8, Weekend Hussler became Australia's best 3-year-old sprinter. He carried the highest weight ever by a 3-year-old and beat older horses.
In the euphoria which followed Miss Andretti's record breaking Newmarket Handicap (Aus-I) success on March 10, Lee Freedman placed the mare on the same elevated plane as Makybe Diva.
Forty minutes before Makybe Diva completed one of the biggest days in racing for Lee Freedman, with a history-making Australian Cup success March 12, the handler's table was set by a grand win by Alinghi in the Newmarket Handicap (Aust-I). Freedman has trained more than 100 group I winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent