Santa Anita Handicap, Triple Bend, Frank E. Kilroe Mile, San Felipe, Tampa Bay Derby, Hillsborough, Sant Ana, Tom Fool Handicap, Florida Oaks, Honeybee, Newmarket Handicap, Australian Cup, Cymbidium Handicap and more.
Son of Kentucky shuttler Street Boss earned first group I victory.
Shamus Award tried for the seemingly impossible in the Aus$1million Australian Cup (Aus-I) March 8 at Flemington. He led nearly all the way, but then wilted late as Fiorente proved himself the nation's best horse.
Shamexpress won the $1 million Newmarket Handicap and Super Cool captured the $1 million Australia Cup March 9 at Flemington.
After taking the $1 million Newmarket Handicap (Aus-I) on March 8, Weekend Hussler became Australia's best 3-year-old sprinter. He carried the highest weight ever by a 3-year-old and beat older horses.
In the euphoria which followed Miss Andretti's record breaking Newmarket Handicap (Aus-I) success on March 10, Lee Freedman placed the mare on the same elevated plane as Makybe Diva.
Forty minutes before Makybe Diva completed one of the biggest days in racing for Lee Freedman, with a history-making Australian Cup success March 12, the handler's table was set by a grand win by Alinghi in the Newmarket Handicap (Aust-I). Freedman has trained more than 100 group I winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Southern Ring Speeds to Whimsical Victory
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic