Momentum from the record-breaking Book 1 session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale carried over to Book 2 Jan. 10 with new benchmarks in average and gross.
Three horses broke the seven-figure mark on opening day of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale May 27, led by group I winner Sweet Idea for $1,600,000 (US$1,240,117).
Two yearlings by Redoute's Choice shared top price Jan. 8 as prices at the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Queensland, Australia, soared during the second session.
A colt by elite dual hemisphere sire More Than Ready sold for the highest price of $600,000 ($539,460 in United States funds) on the fourth day of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 11 in Queensland.
Prominent United States-based owners Jon and Sarah Kelly secured a Redoute's Choice colt in the first seven-figure transaction of this year's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 10 in Queensland.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017