Momentum from the record-breaking Book 1 session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale carried over to Book 2 Jan. 10 with new benchmarks in average and gross.
Three horses broke the seven-figure mark on opening day of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale May 27, led by group I winner Sweet Idea for $1,600,000 (US$1,240,117).
Two yearlings by Redoute's Choice shared top price Jan. 8 as prices at the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Queensland, Australia, soared during the second session.
A colt by elite dual hemisphere sire More Than Ready sold for the highest price of $600,000 ($539,460 in United States funds) on the fourth day of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 11 in Queensland.
Prominent United States-based owners Jon and Sarah Kelly secured a Redoute's Choice colt in the first seven-figure transaction of this year's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 10 in Queensland.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins