Steady demand for quality horses was reflected by an 88.5% clearance rate through the first two days of Australia's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale when the second session of six-day auction closed Jan. 9.
Teardrop Rock brought Aust$125,000 ($125,800 in U.S. funds) to top the select broodmare portion of the William Inglis & Son Australian weanling and bloodstock sale June 28.
The select portion of the Magic Millions national weanling sale ended its two-day run May 31 in Australia with increases of 14.2% in gross and 31% in average price from the previous year.
A Shamardal colt brought Aust$180,000 ($192,798 in U.S. funds) June 5 to top the first session of the Magic Millions national yearling sale on Australia's Gold Coast.
The Magic Millions national yearling sale got off to a strong start June 6 in Australia. The average price was up 42.3%.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches