A filly by sale leading sire Fastnet Rock brought the highest price of $1 million (US$769,872) from Victorian-based trainer John Sadler on the final day of the Inglis Australian Easter yearling sale April 9.
Leona Chiara, dam of Australian champion Star Witness, sold for $800,000 ($743,109 in United States funds) to her former trainer May 29 at the second session of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale on the Gold Coast.
Steady demand for quality horses was reflected by an 88.5% clearance rate through the first two days of Australia's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale when the second session of six-day auction closed Jan. 9.
Teardrop Rock brought Aust$125,000 ($125,800 in U.S. funds) to top the select broodmare portion of the William Inglis & Son Australian weanling and bloodstock sale June 28.
The select portion of the Magic Millions national weanling sale ended its two-day run May 31 in Australia with increases of 14.2% in gross and 31% in average price from the previous year.
A Shamardal colt brought Aust$180,000 ($192,798 in U.S. funds) June 5 to top the first session of the Magic Millions national yearling sale on Australia's Gold Coast.
The Magic Millions national yearling sale got off to a strong start June 6 in Australia. The average price was up 42.3%.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines