Topped by a Tartan Bearer colt for a sale record NZ$525,000 ($380,524 in United States funds) New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale ended Jan. 30 with average slightly ahead of last year and median price even.
Steady trade over three days at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale moved key market indicators ahead of last year as the auction wrapped up Jan. 31 at Karaka.
A Savabeel colt sold Jan. 30 at Karaka for $200,000 ($163,407 in United States funds), the highest price through two days at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale.
Lively trade drove increases in aggregate, average, and median on the first day of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
The select portion of New Zealand Bloodstock's National yearling sales series concluded Feb. 1 at Karaka with declines in total sales and average price, but median held steady.
A colt by young sire Thewayyouare sold for $200,000 (US$166,561), the highest price at the first session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training