Cambridge Stud took center stage on the first day of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 26, and providing the highlights on a very solid opening day's trade.
The New Zealand Bloodstock premier yearling sale at Karaka ended Jan. 28 with a new leading consignor, but the headline grabber was sire Fastnet Rock.
While Fastnet Rock offspring dominated the top of the market, a relatively strong middle market pushed median price into positive territory on opening day of the New Zealand Bloodstock premier yearling sale Jan. 27 at Karaka.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Total revenues and average price shows gains at the opening session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 28, which was led by a Fastnet Rock colt bought for $1,975,500 ($1,637,550 U.S.).
Most Popular Stories
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned