Cambridge Stud took center stage on the first day of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 26, and providing the highlights on a very solid opening day's trade.
The New Zealand Bloodstock premier yearling sale at Karaka ended Jan. 28 with a new leading consignor, but the headline grabber was sire Fastnet Rock.
While Fastnet Rock offspring dominated the top of the market, a relatively strong middle market pushed median price into positive territory on opening day of the New Zealand Bloodstock premier yearling sale Jan. 27 at Karaka.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Total revenues and average price shows gains at the opening session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 28, which was led by a Fastnet Rock colt bought for $1,975,500 ($1,637,550 U.S.).
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch
- Battle of Midway Logs Final Work for Kentucky Derby
- Unbridled Unleashed