Eclipse Award-winning turf writer Paul Moran died Nov. 9 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., at age 67 following a long battle with lung cancer.
Two-time Eclipse Horse of the Year Curlin and his connections have swept the top awards for 2008, as voted by the members of the New York Turf Writers Association. All of the 2008 award winners will be honored at the 86th annual NYTWA Awards Dinner at the Saratoga National Golf Club Aug. 24.
A silent auction at the New York Turf Writers Association's 82nd annual awards dinner and dance on Monday raised just over $18,000 for the benefit of Thoroughbred charities.
Ghostzapper, the powerful winner of the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), led the list of 2004 award winners announced by the New York Turf Writers' Association March 23.
Irwin Cohen, vice president and senior editor of the Daily Racing Form, was elected president of the New York Turf Writers Association Nov. 27 during a general membership meeting in the pressbox at Aqueduct Race Track.
Mineshaft, Eclipse Award winner as Horse of the Year and best older male, has been named winner of the New York Turf Writers Association's Secretariat Award as New York's Horse of the Year for 2003.
Hans Stahl, who retired as President of The Jockey Club last year; the connections of Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) upset winner Volponi; and Evening Attire, who won at least one stakes race on every New York Racing Association track last year head the New York Turf Writers Association's list of honorees for 2002.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris