The New York Turf Writers Association will honor the late racing journalist Paul Moran with a ceremony at Saratoga Race Course Sunday, July 20, which would have been his 67th birthday. Moran died Nov. 9 of lung cancer.
Eclipse Award-winning turf writer Paul Moran died Nov. 9 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., at age 67 following a long battle with lung cancer.
Two-time Eclipse Horse of the Year Curlin and his connections have swept the top awards for 2008, as voted by the members of the New York Turf Writers Association. All of the 2008 award winners will be honored at the 86th annual NYTWA Awards Dinner at the Saratoga National Golf Club Aug. 24.
A silent auction at the New York Turf Writers Association's 82nd annual awards dinner and dance on Monday raised just over $18,000 for the benefit of Thoroughbred charities.
Ghostzapper, the powerful winner of the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), led the list of 2004 award winners announced by the New York Turf Writers' Association March 23.
Irwin Cohen, vice president and senior editor of the Daily Racing Form, was elected president of the New York Turf Writers Association Nov. 27 during a general membership meeting in the pressbox at Aqueduct Race Track.
Mineshaft, Eclipse Award winner as Horse of the Year and best older male, has been named winner of the New York Turf Writers Association's Secretariat Award as New York's Horse of the Year for 2003.
Hans Stahl, who retired as President of The Jockey Club last year; the connections of Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) upset winner Volponi; and Evening Attire, who won at least one stakes race on every New York Racing Association track last year head the New York Turf Writers Association's list of honorees for 2002.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training