A $250,000 bonus will be awarded to the connections of a horse that sweeps this year's Big Apple Triple, a series of races for New York-bred 3-year-olds at Belmont Park, Finger Lakes Racetrack, and Saratoga Race Course.
- By Tom Precious
The cap on the amount of money available for breeders' awards in New York would be hiked under legislation proposed by the head of the Senate Racing Committee.
Lorraine Power Tharp, a partner and Chair of Whiteman Osterman & Hanna's commercial real estate practice group, was appointed Chairwoman of the New York State Thoroughbred Breeding an Development Fund by Gov. George E. Pataki.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes