A $250,000 bonus will be awarded to the connections of a horse that sweeps this year's Big Apple Triple, a series of races for New York-bred 3-year-olds at Belmont Park, Finger Lakes Racetrack, and Saratoga Race Course.
The cap on the amount of money available for breeders' awards in New York would be hiked under legislation proposed by the head of the Senate Racing Committee.
Lorraine Power Tharp, a partner and Chair of Whiteman Osterman & Hanna's commercial real estate practice group, was appointed Chairwoman of the New York State Thoroughbred Breeding an Development Fund by Gov. George E. Pataki.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa