Richard L. Hamilton, a former steward and longtime racing official for the New York Racing Association, died April 18 at St. Peter's Hospital in Albany, N.Y., after suffering a heart attack. He was 76.
The Jockey Club announced March 5 that more than a dozen racetracks have committed to publishing their statistics from the Equine Injury Database through a new website set up by the breed registry.
Registration for the Fasig-Tipton 5K race (3.1 miles) and one-mile "fun run," which will be held Aug. 7 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., is live online at the sale company's web site: www.fasigtipton.com.
The New York Racing Association has submitted a request to the New York State Racing and Wagering Board to be dark on Wednesday September 11 and run instead on Monday Sept. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Group I Winner Bahri Retired From Stud Duty
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- MJC: Laurel Meet Offered Building Blocks
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Stacy Mitchhart to Conclude TOBA Dinner
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point