The New York Daily News won't be providing daily coverage from the Saratoga Race Course meeting that starts July 18 or any of the New York Racing Association tracks going forward.
Trainer Eric Guillot has filed a complaint with the New York State Gaming Commission alleging that jockey Luis Saez carried an electronic device when he won the Aug. 24 Travers Stakes (gr. I) aboard Will Take Charge.
The New York Post fired three horse racing reporters June 7, one day before the $1 million Belmont Stakes (gr. I), and will no longer have staff cover the sport.
Frustrated by the delay in picking an Aqueduct casino operator, New York Gov. David Paterson said he is moving to publicly name his choice in hopes of putting pressure on legislative leaders to make a decision.
A photograph of a reluctant racehorse being muscled into the gate at Saratoga Race Course took top honors in the sports feature category of the New York Press Photographers Association's annual contest.
Links to Belmont Stakes-related stories.
Most Popular Stories
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Cavorting Drops a Level to Prioress
- First Winner for Adios Charlie
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Pinnacle Peak Ships to Monmouth for Sapling
- KY Downs Horsemen Can Pledge to TCA
- Gulfstream Championship Meet Schedule Set
- AQHA President Blodgett Elected to AHC Board