Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 299 selected yearlings for its New York Bred yearling sale scheduled Saturday and Sunday, August 10-11. Sessions will begin at 7 p.m. in the Humphrey S. Finney Sale Pavilion.
Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale ends two-night run on a powerful upswing for a second straight year, with a strong closing session Aug. 12 and 20 horses sold for $100,000 or more--including a $330,000 sale topper.
Buyer Jim Crupi of Crupi's New Castle Farm talks about changes at the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale and his purchases Aug. 11.
Jonathan Thorn talks about a $220,000 Majestic Warrior colt Thorndale sold for owner Seth Gregory. The colt was the top selling yearling Aug. 11 at the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred sale.
Opening night for the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale saw increases in revenue but also in the buy-back rate compared to last year, as a $220,000 yearling topped session one Aug. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out