In what could be an indicator of the strength of the market for New York-breds, a first-time buyer at the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale made his first dive a deep one by purchasing the session-topper for $250,000.
A record-setting $430,000 yearling was the highlight of a strong Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling sale, which ended its two-night run on a powerful upswing for the third year in a row.
Both Fasig-Tipton officials and consignors have high hopes for the 2013 New York-bred yearling sale Aug. 10-11 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., which has been on a tremendous upswing.
Fresh off a successful Saratoga select sale, Fasig-Tipton officials hope to keep the momentum going with their New York-bred yearling auction Sunday and Monday. There are 211 yearlings catalogued for the two sessions, which each begin at 7 p.m. (EDT) at the Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
With the Triple Crown heroics of Funny Cide and last weekend's victory by Whitmore's Conn in the grade I Sword Dancer Stakes, Fasig-Tipton officials were hoping the success of New York-breds on the racetrack would spill over into the sales ring.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut