A Flatter colt led early trading the evening of Aug. 15 when he brought $290,000 at the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
In what could be an indicator of the strength of the market for New York-breds, a first-time buyer at the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale made his first dive a deep one by purchasing the session-topper for $250,000.
A record-setting $430,000 yearling was the highlight of a strong Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling sale, which ended its two-night run on a powerful upswing for the third year in a row.
Both Fasig-Tipton officials and consignors have high hopes for the 2013 New York-bred yearling sale Aug. 10-11 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., which has been on a tremendous upswing.
Fresh off a successful Saratoga select sale, Fasig-Tipton officials hope to keep the momentum going with their New York-bred yearling auction Sunday and Monday. There are 211 yearlings catalogued for the two sessions, which each begin at 7 p.m. (EDT) at the Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
With the Triple Crown heroics of Funny Cide and last weekend's victory by Whitmore's Conn in the grade I Sword Dancer Stakes, Fasig-Tipton officials were hoping the success of New York-breds on the racetrack would spill over into the sales ring.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win