A record-setting $430,000 yearling was the highlight of a strong Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling sale, which ended its two-night run on a powerful upswing for the third year in a row.
Both Fasig-Tipton officials and consignors have high hopes for the 2013 New York-bred yearling sale Aug. 10-11 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., which has been on a tremendous upswing.
Fresh off a successful Saratoga select sale, Fasig-Tipton officials hope to keep the momentum going with their New York-bred yearling auction Sunday and Monday. There are 211 yearlings catalogued for the two sessions, which each begin at 7 p.m. (EDT) at the Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
With the Triple Crown heroics of Funny Cide and last weekend's victory by Whitmore's Conn in the grade I Sword Dancer Stakes, Fasig-Tipton officials were hoping the success of New York-breds on the racetrack would spill over into the sales ring.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru