After determining that daily fantasy sports sites FanDuel and DraftKings are violating state law, the New York attorney general sent cease and desist letters to both websites.
Complaint dismissed "with prejudice," meaning the allegations can't be pursued again. Settlement also includes the addition of three new independently appointed members to the TRF board.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation is now stabilized with a full board of directors.
A New York judge has denied a request by the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation to block the state attorney general's office from beginning the discovery phase into horse abuse allegations.
A state Supreme Court judge in New York has refused to dismiss a stinging legal case against the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation brought by the state's top lawyer.
With affidavits from a whistleblower and a veterinarian, New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is pushing ahead with efforts to oust the board of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
- By Dan Lauletta
Peter Karches, co-chairman of the board at the New York Racing Association, pleaded for compassion for the embattled track operator Saturday, three days after state and federal investigators barged into all three racetracks in a mysteriously conducted raid.
- By Tom Precious
The New York Racing Association's three racetracks were raided by state investigators Dec. 15 as part of a sweeping probe sources said could be aimed primarily at the system of weighing jockeys.
Barry K. Schwartz, NYRA chairman and CEO, issued a scathing response Saturday to the state attorney general's critical report of the association's operations.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows