After determining that daily fantasy sports sites FanDuel and DraftKings are violating state law, the New York attorney general sent cease and desist letters to both websites.
Complaint dismissed "with prejudice," meaning the allegations can't be pursued again. Settlement also includes the addition of three new independently appointed members to the TRF board.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation is now stabilized with a full board of directors.
A New York judge has denied a request by the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation to block the state attorney general's office from beginning the discovery phase into horse abuse allegations.
A state Supreme Court judge in New York has refused to dismiss a stinging legal case against the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation brought by the state's top lawyer.
With affidavits from a whistleblower and a veterinarian, New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is pushing ahead with efforts to oust the board of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
- By Dan Lauletta
Peter Karches, co-chairman of the board at the New York Racing Association, pleaded for compassion for the embattled track operator Saturday, three days after state and federal investigators barged into all three racetracks in a mysteriously conducted raid.
- By Tom Precious
The New York Racing Association's three racetracks were raided by state investigators Dec. 15 as part of a sweeping probe sources said could be aimed primarily at the system of weighing jockeys.
Barry K. Schwartz, NYRA chairman and CEO, issued a scathing response Saturday to the state attorney general's critical report of the association's operations.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares