A deal brokered earlier this year that would have privatized the horse racing industry in New Jersey has hit a stumbling block just as all parties were set to sign off on it.
A state judge has frozen the assets of the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association pending a racing commission investigation into the group' finances.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death