After Market is set to take his place in the lineup for the Oct. 27 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) despite some concerns from trainer John Shirreffs about the condition of the turf course.
After Market, a California shipper, will try his hand on an East Coast turf course when he competes in the Oct. 27 NetJet Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park.
In a surprise announcement on Sept. 24, it was reported that Rock of Gibraltar, who has won a record seven consecutive group I wins, may not go in Saturday's Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot, and head straight for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
The announcement earlier this week that NetJet will sponsor the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) wasn't the biggest news concerning the World Thoroughbred Championship's grass event. Rock of Gibraltar's emphatic victory in the NetJet Prix du Moulin de Longchamp in France on Sept. 8 kept the European superstar right on target for a trip to Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Concert Added to Black-Eyed Susan Day Lineup
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements