Madcap Escapade, a grade I winner whose first foal developed into a grade I winner, died June 2 of colic. She was owned by Bruce Lunsford and John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms.
Walklikeanegyptian, a 5-year-old Danehill mare, topped the Nov. 9 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale when she sold to Arch Bloodstock for $220,000.
The first reported foal for grade I winner Forest Danger is a filly born Jan. 13 at Needham/Betz Thoroughbreds near Lexington.
Around the Cape, a New York graded course-record setter, will enter stud and Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Bruce Lunsford's millionaire Madcap Escapade, the brilliantly fast winner of the $500,000-added Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. II) in Calder Race Course's "Summit of Speed" in her most recent start, has been retired from racing after suffering a leg injury.
Grade I winner El Corredor has arrived at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington, where he will enter stud for a syndicate for $20,000 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- NYRA Donating Trees for Anna House Fundraiser
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win