Donegal Racing's Dullahan turned in what trainer Dale Romans called a maintenance work at Churchill Downs April 28, going five furlongs in 1:01 1/5.
It did not take long for the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale to reach the seven-figure mark, with Mandy Pope paying $1 million for a gray/roan filly by Unbridled's Song out of Silvery Swan.
A half brother to Mine That Bird was bought for $250,000 by Jerry Crawford, manager of Donegal Racing, at Keeneland Sept. 16. He was consigned by Bona Terra Stud, agent for Halecky and Needham.
Godolphin's Chief Seattle has been retired from racing and will begin his stallion career at Bruce Kline and Mary Lou Wibel's Dixiana Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Kentucky Derby: Bathtime for American Pharoah
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive