Donegal Racing's Dullahan turned in what trainer Dale Romans called a maintenance work at Churchill Downs April 28, going five furlongs in 1:01 1/5.
It did not take long for the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale to reach the seven-figure mark, with Mandy Pope paying $1 million for a gray/roan filly by Unbridled's Song out of Silvery Swan.
A half brother to Mine That Bird was bought for $250,000 by Jerry Crawford, manager of Donegal Racing, at Keeneland Sept. 16. He was consigned by Bona Terra Stud, agent for Halecky and Needham.
Godolphin's Chief Seattle has been retired from racing and will begin his stallion career at Bruce Kline and Mary Lou Wibel's Dixiana Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Fasig-Tipton Adds New Sale Aimed at Turf Prospects
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling