Donegal Racing's Dullahan turned in what trainer Dale Romans called a maintenance work at Churchill Downs April 28, going five furlongs in 1:01 1/5.
It did not take long for the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale to reach the seven-figure mark, with Mandy Pope paying $1 million for a gray/roan filly by Unbridled's Song out of Silvery Swan.
A half brother to Mine That Bird was bought for $250,000 by Jerry Crawford, manager of Donegal Racing, at Keeneland Sept. 16. He was consigned by Bona Terra Stud, agent for Halecky and Needham.
Godolphin's Chief Seattle has been retired from racing and will begin his stallion career at Bruce Kline and Mary Lou Wibel's Dixiana Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Flashy American, Willow Hills in Groupie Doll
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- Medication Among National HBPA Meeting Topics
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee