Donegal Racing's Dullahan turned in what trainer Dale Romans called a maintenance work at Churchill Downs April 28, going five furlongs in 1:01 1/5.
It did not take long for the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale to reach the seven-figure mark, with Mandy Pope paying $1 million for a gray/roan filly by Unbridled's Song out of Silvery Swan.
A half brother to Mine That Bird was bought for $250,000 by Jerry Crawford, manager of Donegal Racing, at Keeneland Sept. 16. He was consigned by Bona Terra Stud, agent for Halecky and Needham.
Godolphin's Chief Seattle has been retired from racing and will begin his stallion career at Bruce Kline and Mary Lou Wibel's Dixiana Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe
- Classic Empire Top Individual Choice in KDFW Pool 2
- Sovereign Awards Finalists Announced
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout