Keeneland’s $1 million Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. I) will be broadcast live today on NBC Sports Network from 6-6:30 p.m. EDT.
NBC Sports Group will begin its coverage of the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with a "Belmont Access" program at 4 p.m. EDT on NBC Sports Network.
NBCSN will present an April 9 telecast of the key classic preps with coverage of the Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) from Aqueduct, the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) from Keeneland, and the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I).
NBC Sports Group's viewership for the "Breeders' Cup Challenge Series: Win and You're In Presented by Lane's End Farm" jumped 136% year over year.
Lane's End, one of the world's leading Thoroughbred breeding farms, has been named the presenting sponsor of the "Breeders' Cup Challenge: Win and You're In" series on NBC and NBCSN.
Classic winner American Pharoah leads field as NBC Sports Group presents 6 1/2 hours of Xpressbet.com Preakness Stakes (gr. I) coverage May 15 and May 16 from Pimlico Race Course.
Keeneland begins its 2015 spring meet April 3 with the first two days of its 15-day stand anchored by the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes(gr. I), which moves up a week as part of a richer, re-ordered stakes calendar.
NBC Sports Group is lengthening its media rights partnership with Breeders' Cup through 2025 with a 10-year extension, it was announced Oct. 30.
NBC Sports Group will offer 16 hours of programming surrounding the 146th Belmont Stakes (gr. I), more than double the number of hours initially scheduled. Coverage includes other grade I races from Belmont Park.
California Chrome's quest for the elusive Triple Crown has resulted in the NBC Sports Group doubling the number of hours it will devote to the 146th Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Triple Crown, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
NBCSN will cover four elite Thoroughbred prep races over the next two weekends leading into NBC Sports Group's exclusive coverage of the Triple Crown races, it was announced March 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack