NBCSN will present an April 9 telecast of the key classic preps with coverage of the Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) from Aqueduct, the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) from Keeneland, and the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I).
NBC Sports Group's viewership for the "Breeders' Cup Challenge Series: Win and You're In Presented by Lane's End Farm" jumped 136% year over year.
Lane's End, one of the world's leading Thoroughbred breeding farms, has been named the presenting sponsor of the "Breeders' Cup Challenge: Win and You're In" series on NBC and NBCSN.
Classic winner American Pharoah leads field as NBC Sports Group presents 6 1/2 hours of Xpressbet.com Preakness Stakes (gr. I) coverage May 15 and May 16 from Pimlico Race Course.
Keeneland begins its 2015 spring meet April 3 with the first two days of its 15-day stand anchored by the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes(gr. I), which moves up a week as part of a richer, re-ordered stakes calendar.
NBC Sports Group is lengthening its media rights partnership with Breeders' Cup through 2025 with a 10-year extension, it was announced Oct. 30.
NBC Sports Group will offer 16 hours of programming surrounding the 146th Belmont Stakes (gr. I), more than double the number of hours initially scheduled. Coverage includes other grade I races from Belmont Park.
California Chrome's quest for the elusive Triple Crown has resulted in the NBC Sports Group doubling the number of hours it will devote to the 146th Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Triple Crown, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlanic Region
NBCSN will cover four elite Thoroughbred prep races over the next two weekends leading into NBC Sports Group's exclusive coverage of the Triple Crown races, it was announced March 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes