Dortmund pushed his record in Southern California to a perfect seven-for-seven Nov. 28 at Del Mar, taking the $150,000 Native Diver with ease in his first start at the seaside racetrack.
Scratched from the Clark Handicap (gr. I) because of a quarter-crack, Kaleem Shah's Dortmund will stay home for his next race, the $150,000 Native Diver (gr. III) Nov. 28 at Del Mar.
Kaleem Shah's Dortmund didn't ship from California after developing a quarter crack following his Nov. 21 work at Santa Anita Park, according to a Courier-Journal report.
Favored Big Cazanova won for the third time in as many tries over the Del Mar Polytrack with a front-running 3 1/4-length score in the $200,000 Native Diver Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 29.
Trainer Richard Mandella takes a shot at his own record Dec. 14 in the $150,000 Native Diver Stakes (gr. III), a 7-year-old longshot could become the oldest winner in the final running, and Slim Shadey tries Cushion Track.
Game On Dude put his disappointing Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) behind him with a gritty front-running win in the $250,000 Native Diver Stakes Presented by the Oak Tree Racing Association Dec. 1 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Game On Dude, looking to rebound from his seventh-place finish as the favorite in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), drew the rail for the $250,000 Native Diver Stakes (gr. III) Dec. 1 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Multiple grade I winner Game On Dude heads an expected field of six or seven in the $250,000 Native Diver Stakes - Presented by the Oak Tree Racing Association (gr. III) Dec. 1 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate