The American Graded Stakes Committee decided Saratoga's off-the-turf National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame Stakes will retain a grade III status for 2013.
Since March, 3-year-old turf standouts Rydilluc and Charming Kitten have been on parallel schedules, clashing four times. On Aug. 9 they will meet again in the Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga.
Bill Mott, a Hall of Fame trainer in his own right, goes after his sixth win in the $150,000 National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Aug. 4 with morning-line favorite Adriano.
Unbeaten After Market, showing some greenness while making his stakes debut in his third start, collared Carnera in mid-stretch Sunday and went on to victory in the $107,400 Lexington (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds at nine furlongs on Belmont Park's firm inner turf course.
Thoroughbred racing will honor trainer Nick Zito and three others when the class of 2005 is inducted into the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017