Dr. John Ferraro, a 65-year-old oncologist from Clifton Park, N.Y., won a fractional interest in a 2-year-old racing prospect syndicated and managed by Sovereign Stable in a prize drawing held July 17.
When top tournament handicappers gather for the National Handicapping Championship finals in January 2014, they will encounter a new format that will add a third day of competition.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced that registration for the newly-created National Handicapping Championship Tour, a year-long bonus series offering additional prize money and qualifying berths to the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship, will open Feb. 15 at www.ntra.com/nhctour.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2