Dr. John Ferraro, a 65-year-old oncologist from Clifton Park, N.Y., won a fractional interest in a 2-year-old racing prospect syndicated and managed by Sovereign Stable in a prize drawing held July 17.
When top tournament handicappers gather for the National Handicapping Championship finals in January 2014, they will encounter a new format that will add a third day of competition.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced that registration for the newly-created National Handicapping Championship Tour, a year-long bonus series offering additional prize money and qualifying berths to the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship, will open Feb. 15 at www.ntra.com/nhctour.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown