Churchill Downs announced April 14 that seven-time Grammy Award-winning trio Lady Antebellum will sing the national anthem at the 142nd Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) Saturday, May 7.
Multiplatinum and award-winning singer, songwriter, and actor Josh Groban, will perform the national anthem at this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) Saturday, May 2 at Churchill Downs.
Churchill Downs April 15 announced that multiple-award winner and country music superstar LeAnn Rimes will help the racetrack launch a new tradition when she performs the national anthem live as part of the ceremonies leading up to the 135th running of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) May 2.
Peter Abruzzo's Ninebanks, ridden by Ron Warren Jr., battled Nicobar through the stretch of Saturday's $177,500 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIT) before prevailing by a nose.
Redattore rallied from behind an oddly set pace to win the $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT) on Saturday at Del Mar.
Seven hard-hitting turf horses, headed by millionaire Native Desert and millionaire-in-waiting Irish Prize and including a pair trained by Robert Frankel, are set to go in Saturday's 28th running of the grade I, $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap at 1 1/8 miles on Del Mar's Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Edmund A. Gann's Fateful Dream raced in last place behind moderate fractions before rallying in the stretch to win the $107,100 Inglewood Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a length over National Anthem on Saturday at Hollywood Park. Under David Flores, Fateful Dream completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.65 on a firm turf course.
The $100,000-added Inglewood Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Hollywood Park is expected to mark the North American bow of Argentine-bred star City West, second highweight at 119 pounds. City West, a 4-year-old colt in the Patrick Biancone barn, won four of five starts last year in Argentina, three of the victories in Group I competition. Eddie Delahoussaye has the call.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot