Nasrullah and his son, Bold Ruler, dominated the sire list for nearly 20 years
Maryland sire has set the stage for the A.P. Indy sire line
Caro stands at the head of an American sire line being kept alive by his great-great-grandson Uncle Mo, the current leader of the freshman and 2-year-old sire lists.
A son of the brilliant Italian champion Nearco, Nasrullah was one of a cluster of important sires from his immediate family.
Blushing Groom was brilliant on the track and one of the greatest international sires ever brought to America.
Once upon a time there was a brave young prince named Bold Ruler, who became the greatest stallion of his time.
It's unusual for a runner to cross the finish line before a champion, unusual for any horse to have ancestors from 6 nations in her 3rd generation, and definitely Pretty Unusual to fit both of these descriptions.
Kingmambo excelled at a mile on the track but his offspring have shown a mix of speed and stamina. Henrythenavigator, a three-time group I winner, is among Europe's leading milers this year. He is the sixth group winner and third classic winner produced from the cross of Kingmambo with Sadler's Wells daughters.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Most veteran campaigners at the racetrack are geldings. So a mare that proves hardy enough to run in stakes company year after year is something truly special. Such is the case with Silmaril, who retired from racing Jan. 12 after winning the What a Summer Stakes at Laurel Park. The daughter of Diamond was a stakes winner for five consecutive years and retired as Maryland's 17th equine millionaire. Now, her future as a broodmare is wide open.
Nasrullah, produced from the Blenheim II mare Mumtaz Begum, posted a remarkable 25% stakes winners from foals from his first crop.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity