The largest maker of the human version of the nasal strip, GlaxoSmithKline, hopes to grab some attention for its Breathe Right nasal strips at the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) June 7 at Belmont Park.
The connections of California Chrome have asked New York regulators and stewards for permission to race the winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands and Preakness Stakes with a nasal strip in the Belmont Stakes.
Treatment of exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage by non-medicinal means was discussed April 9 during a seminar that focused on use of FLAIR Nasal Strips.
Among the speakers for an April 9 seminar on exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage are three trainers, officials announced.
I'll Have Another won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness wearing a nasal strip. He'll make his first start in the Belmont without one because NYRA bans nasal strips. The reason for the ban is unclear.
What is the scientific justification for the use of nasal strips on racehorses?
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points