With no seven-figure horses this year, the numbers declined at the 2015 Barretts selected sale of 2-year-olds in training Feb. 23 in Pomona, Calif., with a $400,000 son of Twirling Candy topping the one-day auction.
Bloodlines from leading California breeders Martin and Pam Wygod dominated the Barretts California Cup yearling sale at Fairplex Oct. 12.
Selvatica, a 6-year-old multiple stakes winning mare by Forestry out of the stakes winning Strawberry Road mare Pareja, set a Barretts January mixed sale record Monday when she sold for $560,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap