With no seven-figure horses this year, the numbers declined at the 2015 Barretts selected sale of 2-year-olds in training Feb. 23 in Pomona, Calif., with a $400,000 son of Twirling Candy topping the one-day auction.
Bloodlines from leading California breeders Martin and Pam Wygod dominated the Barretts California Cup yearling sale at Fairplex Oct. 12.
Selvatica, a 6-year-old multiple stakes winning mare by Forestry out of the stakes winning Strawberry Road mare Pareja, set a Barretts January mixed sale record Monday when she sold for $560,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- TOBA February Member of the Month
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next