Consignors sent their 2-year-olds in sensible times for the March 18 under-tack preview of the March 21 Barretts selected 2-year-olds in training sale in Southern California.
The fanciest juvenile sale in the world faces off against the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression March 3 at Calder Race Course, and based on the results of other recent Thoroughbred auctions, prices probably will be down considerably.
War Emblem's problems in the breeding shed have gotten worse. There will be no foals sired by the 7-year-old champion son of Our Emblem born in 2007.
The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) will conduct a select yearling auction for the first time in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup