Consignors sent their 2-year-olds in sensible times for the March 18 under-tack preview of the March 21 Barretts selected 2-year-olds in training sale in Southern California.
The fanciest juvenile sale in the world faces off against the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression March 3 at Calder Race Course, and based on the results of other recent Thoroughbred auctions, prices probably will be down considerably.
War Emblem's problems in the breeding shed have gotten worse. There will be no foals sired by the 7-year-old champion son of Our Emblem born in 2007.
The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) will conduct a select yearling auction for the first time in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees