Consignors sent their 2-year-olds in sensible times for the March 18 under-tack preview of the March 21 Barretts selected 2-year-olds in training sale in Southern California.
The fanciest juvenile sale in the world faces off against the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression March 3 at Calder Race Course, and based on the results of other recent Thoroughbred auctions, prices probably will be down considerably.
War Emblem's problems in the breeding shed have gotten worse. There will be no foals sired by the 7-year-old champion son of Our Emblem born in 2007.
The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) will conduct a select yearling auction for the first time in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Tampa Bay Announces Richest Stakes Schedule