Trainer Bob Baffert's West Coast shipper Pretty N Cool scored a front-running one-length victory as the favorite in the $200,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies Oct. 18 at Belmont Park.
Pretty N Cool showed her standout debut victory in the slop during Del Mar's opening weekend was no fluke in the $200,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 12 at the seaside racetrack.
Keeneland's November breeding stock sale saw two $185,000 session-toppers during sixth session Nov. 10, which continued a trend of double-digit gains.
Grade I winner Dayatthespa was named Horse of the Year for 2012 by the North Carolina Thoroughbred Association Feb. 2 at its annual awards dinner.
Favored Brave Dave overcame a bad stumble at the start to register a front-running victory in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 2 at Monmouth Park.
Blame, the 2010 champion older male and winner of the 2010 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), had his first two mares confirmed in foal last week.
Even-money choice Dancinginherdreams charged through an opening at the rail and romped to victory in the $165,450 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) on the opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet Oct. 31.
Grade I winner and millionaire Include was represented by his first winner when his daughter, A Slick Chic, won May 9 at Calder Race Course.
Small, independent consignors seek to offer more personal service than large agencies.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares