Australian superstar So You Think and defending champion Workforce appear set to clash once again as a field of 16 runners were declared for the $5,437,800 Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) Oct. 2.
Australian-based Black Caviar nosed out U.S. champion Blame as the top-rated horse in the world, based on World Thoroughbred Rankings from Oct. 1, 2010 through March 27, 2011.
Investec Derby (Eng-I) hero Workforce returned to form to capture the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) by a hard-fought head over Japanese raider Nakayama Festa.
With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Jazdzewski Landed Young Far Right for $2,500
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- TimeformUS Ky Derby Prep Trip Notes Excerpt