The 2014 Canterbury Park live racing season, the 20th since the Minnesota track reopened in 1995, begins Friday, May 16, at 6:30 p.m. CDT, in Shakopee.
Canterbury Park has received approval from the Minnesota Racing Commission for a 69-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse in 2014, from May 16 through Sept. 13.
An unusual deal between Canterbury Park and the Shakopee Mdewakanton Tribal Community has quickly led to increased interest in Thoroughbred breeding and racing in Minnesota.
Canterbury Park reported a 25% increase in wagering and record average daily attendance during the 62-day meet that concluded Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale