The 2014 Canterbury Park live racing season, the 20th since the Minnesota track reopened in 1995, begins Friday, May 16, at 6:30 p.m. CDT, in Shakopee.
Canterbury Park has received approval from the Minnesota Racing Commission for a 69-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse in 2014, from May 16 through Sept. 13.
An unusual deal between Canterbury Park and the Shakopee Mdewakanton Tribal Community has quickly led to increased interest in Thoroughbred breeding and racing in Minnesota.
Canterbury Park reported a 25% increase in wagering and record average daily attendance during the 62-day meet that concluded Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year