The 2014 Canterbury Park live racing season, the 20th since the Minnesota track reopened in 1995, begins Friday, May 16, at 6:30 p.m. CDT, in Shakopee.
Canterbury Park has received approval from the Minnesota Racing Commission for a 69-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse in 2014, from May 16 through Sept. 13.
An unusual deal between Canterbury Park and the Shakopee Mdewakanton Tribal Community has quickly led to increased interest in Thoroughbred breeding and racing in Minnesota.
Canterbury Park reported a 25% increase in wagering and record average daily attendance during the 62-day meet that concluded Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds