A reduced California Cup program featuring seven stakes for state-bred horses worth a total of $700,000 are on tap for the Oak Tree Racing Association's 21st annual event to be held at Hollywood Park Oct. 30.
Cost of Freedom, who has looked close to invincible in his two starts this year, heads a solid field of seven sprinters in the $250,000 Bing Crosby Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 1.
Shipping to the West Coast from Belmont Park for the Godolphin Racing team, Gayego is the one to beat in his 2010 North American debut in the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) July 10 at Hollywood Park.
Cost of Freedom opened up by a couple of lengths in the lane and held steady under some urging by jockey Tyler Baze to win the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) as the even-money choice at Hollywood Park June 5.
Cost Of Freedom, a rapid winner in his first start of 2010 earlier in the month, will be trying to help trainer John Sadler make some history in the Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park on June 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- His Race to Win Seeking Repeat in Seagram Cup