Please choose who you think is the top sprinter from the poll list below. The results will be a part of a feature in the August 23, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse.
Jockey Anthony Black, who has been based at Delaware Valley racetracks for more than four decades, retired after winning his 5,200th race March 18 at Parx Racing in Pennsylvania.
Five female sprinters with a combined 34 victories were entered in the $150,000 My Juliet Stakes, the May 26 feature that begins the 2012 stakes schedule in earnest at Parx Racing in Pennsylvania.
Kinsman Stable's Ebony Breeze made her patented late run, closing from last in a short five-horse field to defeat a game Storm Minstrel and win the $100,000 My Juliet Stakes by a neck Saturday afternoon at Philadelphia Park.
Kinsman Stable's Ebony Breeze made a strong late run to catch pacesetting She Is Raging in mid-stretch and went on to win the $100,000 My Juliet Stakes by a length Saturday at Philadelphia Park.
It has been said undefeated Smarty Jones has put Philadelphia Park on the map, but the racetrack adjacent to the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Bensalem Township actually has been home to some outstanding racehorses, including a few that were downright freakish.
My Juliet, champion sprinter of 1976 for George Weasel Jr. and one of the big reasons why her half-brother commanded $10.2 million at the 1983 Keeneland July yearling sale, has died
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory