Godolphin Stables' Alpha sprung a wire-to-wire upset in the $735,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 31, winning for the first time since he took the 2012 Travers Stakes (gr. I) in a dead heat.
Unraced since a 12th-place finish in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Godolphin Stables' Alpha proved his mettle off the layup July 28 when he took the $600,000 Jim Dandy (gr. II) wire-to-wire at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- A New Brand of Hero
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Big Move Forward on Concussion Protocol