Godolphin Stables' Alpha sprung a wire-to-wire upset in the $735,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 31, winning for the first time since he took the 2012 Travers Stakes (gr. I) in a dead heat.
Unraced since a 12th-place finish in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Godolphin Stables' Alpha proved his mettle off the layup July 28 when he took the $600,000 Jim Dandy (gr. II) wire-to-wire at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards