Godolphin Stables' Alpha sprung a wire-to-wire upset in the $735,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 31, winning for the first time since he took the 2012 Travers Stakes (gr. I) in a dead heat.
Unraced since a 12th-place finish in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Godolphin Stables' Alpha proved his mettle off the layup July 28 when he took the $600,000 Jim Dandy (gr. II) wire-to-wire at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase