Godolphin Stables' Alpha sprung a wire-to-wire upset in the $735,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 31, winning for the first time since he took the 2012 Travers Stakes (gr. I) in a dead heat.
Unraced since a 12th-place finish in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Godolphin Stables' Alpha proved his mettle off the layup July 28 when he took the $600,000 Jim Dandy (gr. II) wire-to-wire at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double