Fairplex canceled the first two races on its card Sept. 17 due to medication violations.
Only a few days after researchers announced the cloning of a full sibling to the 9-year-old racing mule Taz, he upset 11-year-old Black Ruby in a $900 open event at the Humboldt County Fair in Winnemucca, Nev.
The first match race at Los Alamitos in more than 10 years lived up to the hype, as mules Black Ruby and Taz put on another competitive and charismatic show before the world famous Black Ruby defeated her archrival once again.
The queen and king of racing Muledom are set for another match race May 23 at Los Alamitos Race Course in Southern California.
For the second time in two weeks, bridgejumpers were rewarded big time when a racing Mule won a race at a Northern California fair.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death