Graded stakes placed in a pair of starts this year, Ms Vanenzza looks to break through against nine fillies and mares in the $150,000 Endine Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 20 at Delaware Park.
Hilda's Passion, who is a neck away from being unbeaten in her last four stakes tries, looms as the one to beat in the $150,000 Inside Information (gr. II) March 19 at Gulfstream Park.
Favored Hilda's Passion took the race right to her five rivals in winning Gulfstream Park's $150,000 Hurricane Bertie Stakes (gr. III), leading at every call en route to a 2 1/2-length triumph Feb. 13.
Tar Heel Mom and Hilda's Passion staged a rugged stretch battle in the Sugar Swirl Stakes (gr. III) one month ago and both return to Gulfstream Park Feb. 13 to renew their rivalry in the $150,000 Hurricane Bertie Stakes.
Tar Heel Mom, who fires nearly every time, ran another big race to begin her 6-year-old campaign, this time holding off Hilda's Passion by neck to take the $100,000 Sugar Swirl (gr. III) Jan. 15 at Gulfstream Park.
No Such Word, dominating winner of the Remington Park Oaks last month, can put the finishing touch on a superb 2010 campaign in the $250,000 Gazelle Stakes (gr. I) at Aqueduct Nov. 27.
The favorite from the Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita, where the Breeders' Cup World Championships will be run, is in the field for the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) on Nov. 6. So, too, is the favorite from the Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) at Keeneland, which is also run on a synthetic surface. It should be noted they were favored, but both lost.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- Gimme Da Lute Dominates Real Good Deal
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Tillson Joins Spendthrift Farm Team