Mrs Kipling, on the comeback trail following a disappointing effort in the American Oaks (gr. IT), returns to action against 10 rivals in Oak Tree's $100,000 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 24.
If this is to be its final renewal, the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park is going out in style after drawing 16 entrants for the 1 1/4-mile turf event. The truly intriguing field of 3-year-old fillies includes three international aspirants and four challengers from the East Coast.
Favorite Mrs Kipling, allowed to relax much of the way under a confident David Flores, rallied from seventh at the top of the stretch May 3 en route to an easy 2 1/2-length victory over longshot Candilejas in $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park.
Acting Lady, Mrs Kipling, Pasar Silbano and Burg Berg, the first four finishers in that order in the Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Santa Anita turf April 4, meet again in the $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park May 3.
Acting Lady, a 20-1 outsider ridden by Victor Espinoza, repelled the charge of American newcomer Mrs Kipling to win the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length in a big surprise on the Santa Anita turf April 4.
Irish-bred import Pasar Silbano, winner of the La Habra Stakes (gr. IIIT) on Santa Anita Park's hillside turf course in her last start Feb. 1, will be among the contenders in the Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) on April 4.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- 'Sensation' Still Questionable For HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired