Mrs Kipling, on the comeback trail following a disappointing effort in the American Oaks (gr. IT), returns to action against 10 rivals in Oak Tree's $100,000 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 24.
If this is to be its final renewal, the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park is going out in style after drawing 16 entrants for the 1 1/4-mile turf event. The truly intriguing field of 3-year-old fillies includes three international aspirants and four challengers from the East Coast.
Favorite Mrs Kipling, allowed to relax much of the way under a confident David Flores, rallied from seventh at the top of the stretch May 3 en route to an easy 2 1/2-length victory over longshot Candilejas in $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park.
Acting Lady, Mrs Kipling, Pasar Silbano and Burg Berg, the first four finishers in that order in the Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Santa Anita turf April 4, meet again in the $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park May 3.
Acting Lady, a 20-1 outsider ridden by Victor Espinoza, repelled the charge of American newcomer Mrs Kipling to win the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length in a big surprise on the Santa Anita turf April 4.
Irish-bred import Pasar Silbano, winner of the La Habra Stakes (gr. IIIT) on Santa Anita Park's hillside turf course in her last start Feb. 1, will be among the contenders in the Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) on April 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm