With co-owner Derrick Smith looking on, Irish trainer Aidan O'Brien sent out Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) hopefuls St Nicholas Abbey and Treasure Beach for a gallop at Santa Anita Nov. 1.
Cape Blanco, who withstood a tenacious challenge for a game victory in the Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT) Oct. 1, has been retired due to an injury sustained in the race over yielding turf at Belmont Park.
Cape Blanco shipped across the pond from Ireland for third time to collect a grade I victory, barely outlasting a determined Dean's Kitten by a nose in the $500,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT) Oct. 1.
The favorite, he holds off Giant Oak by three-quarters of a length.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill