With co-owner Derrick Smith looking on, Irish trainer Aidan O'Brien sent out Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) hopefuls St Nicholas Abbey and Treasure Beach for a gallop at Santa Anita Nov. 1.
Cape Blanco, who withstood a tenacious challenge for a game victory in the Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT) Oct. 1, has been retired due to an injury sustained in the race over yielding turf at Belmont Park.
Cape Blanco shipped across the pond from Ireland for third time to collect a grade I victory, barely outlasting a determined Dean's Kitten by a nose in the $500,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT) Oct. 1.
The favorite, he holds off Giant Oak by three-quarters of a length.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Consignors Like OBS Mixed Sale Consolidation