The time is right for horse farms to implement control strategies. University of Kentucky experts report that eastern tent caterpillars and forest tent caterpillars are developing normally this spring with egg hatching complete and populations feeding, making this an optimal time for horse farms to assess caterpillar activity and implement control strategies while the larvae are still small and most susceptible.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday