Mr. Mabee, a stakes-winning son of Storm Cat -- Young Flyer, by Flying Paster, will stand the 2014 season at Robin Murphy's Poplar Creek Horse Ranch near Bethel, Ohio. His fee will be $1,500.
Stakes winner Mr. Mabee was represented by his first winner when his son Mabeemore won at Hoosier Park Oct. 6 in his first start.
Robert Bone's Desert Boom, a grade III winner in his last start, broke on top and never looked back in capturing the $138,000 Claiming Crown Jewel, the central attraction of Saturday's annual series of races for Thoroughbred racing's blue collar workers at Canterbury Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20