Front-running Hilda's Passion became a grade I winner with a romping triumph in the $250,000 Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 27.
Despite a slight stumble at the start, there was no catching odds-on choice Hilda's Passion in the $147,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II) as she romped to a 5 1/4-length victory.
Hilda's Passion took her game to another level March 19 at Gulfstream, setting a new seven-furlong track record when dominating the field in the $150,000 Inside Information Stakes (gr. III) under Javier Castellano.
Favored Hilda's Passion took the race right to her five rivals in winning Gulfstream Park's $150,000 Hurricane Bertie Stakes (gr. III), leading at every call en route to a 2 1/2-length triumph Feb. 13.
Strike the Bell surprised favored Quiet Meadow when she rallied from last to first to win the $100,000 Noble Damsel Stakes (gr. IIIT) for her first added-money score Sept. 19 on Belmont Park's Widener turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas