Front-running Hilda's Passion became a grade I winner with a romping triumph in the $250,000 Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 27.
Despite a slight stumble at the start, there was no catching odds-on choice Hilda's Passion in the $147,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II) as she romped to a 5 1/4-length victory.
Hilda's Passion took her game to another level March 19 at Gulfstream, setting a new seven-furlong track record when dominating the field in the $150,000 Inside Information Stakes (gr. III) under Javier Castellano.
Favored Hilda's Passion took the race right to her five rivals in winning Gulfstream Park's $150,000 Hurricane Bertie Stakes (gr. III), leading at every call en route to a 2 1/2-length triumph Feb. 13.
Strike the Bell surprised favored Quiet Meadow when she rallied from last to first to win the $100,000 Noble Damsel Stakes (gr. IIIT) for her first added-money score Sept. 19 on Belmont Park's Widener turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks