Front-running Hilda's Passion became a grade I winner with a romping triumph in the $250,000 Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 27.
Despite a slight stumble at the start, there was no catching odds-on choice Hilda's Passion in the $147,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II) as she romped to a 5 1/4-length victory.
Hilda's Passion took her game to another level March 19 at Gulfstream, setting a new seven-furlong track record when dominating the field in the $150,000 Inside Information Stakes (gr. III) under Javier Castellano.
Favored Hilda's Passion took the race right to her five rivals in winning Gulfstream Park's $150,000 Hurricane Bertie Stakes (gr. III), leading at every call en route to a 2 1/2-length triumph Feb. 13.
Strike the Bell surprised favored Quiet Meadow when she rallied from last to first to win the $100,000 Noble Damsel Stakes (gr. IIIT) for her first added-money score Sept. 19 on Belmont Park's Widener turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic