Popular gelding Ribo Bobo continued his remarkable rise from the claiming ranks May 10 in capturing the $79,000 Decathlon Stakes, Monmouth Park's opening-day feature, by a comfortable 1 1/2 lengths.
Ribo Bobo got to the finish line first yet again March 2, winning his 12th race from his last 13 starts and his third straight in a stakes during the Gulfstream Park meet.
Mr. Amore Stable's Ribo Bobo continued his winning ways Jan. 18 in the $150,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Sprint, while Ullapool went wire-to-wire against fillies and mares in the counterpart.
Owner Ron Lombardi and trainer Jason Servis will have their first starter in the Breeders' Cup with a horse they claimed twice, Tightend Touchdown, who is an outsider in the Turf Sprint (gr. IT) Nov. 2.
Robert LaPenta's Easter Gift took the $250,000 Mountainview Handicap on dirt while Mr. Amore Stable's Tightend Touchdown scorched the grass in his victory in the $150,000 Pennsylvania Governor's Cup Handicap June 1.
American Border, making her stakes debut in her 37th career start, charged along the rail to overtake 78-1 shot Le Cordon Bleu in deep stretch to win the $150,000 Violet (gr. IIT) on the Meadowlands turf course in New Jersey Oct. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Our Channel Makes Trek for American Derby