Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale opened its four-day run Jan. 12 with mixed results, as gross fell but average gained and median remained level in a market widely described as "fair" by consignors.
Barbara Hunter's multiple graded stakes-winning mare Snow Top Mountain, in foal to Blame, has been retired from racing with earnings of $525,303.
The 124-pound highweight rebounded from a sixth-place finish last time out to best 10 other fillies and mares in the grade III turf event.
After being graded stakes placed four times in her career, Barbara Hunter's homebred mare Snow Top Mountain finally notched her first graded stakes in the Suwannee River (gr. IIIT) Feb. 11 at Gulfstream Park.
Keertana bided her time behind the pacesetting Belle Watling and then outfought the late-charging Zapparition to win the $100,000 The Very One Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a half-length on the Gulfstream Park turf course Feb. 20.
Keertana, squeezing through at the hedge, quickly separated herself from the rest of the Glens Falls Handicap field to register a 3 1/4-length win in the final stakes race of the 2010 Saratoga meet Sept. 6.
Keertana, making her stakes debut, emerged from the leading group with a furlong to run and went on to win the $174,600 Regret Stakes (gr. IIIT), giving jockey Robby Albarado his fifth win on the Stephen Foster program at Churchill Downs June 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Distance, Takes KY Oaks
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Catch a Glimpse Carries on to Edgewood Score
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Majestic Harbor Springs Alysheba Upset
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby