Normandy Invasion, last seen finishing fourth in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), returned with a track record win in an allowance optional claiming race Feb. 22 at Gulfstream Park.
The brilliant, nearly white frontrunner will find the eyes of the nation upon him Aug. 4 when he heads postward as the 3-5 morning line favorite in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II)
J. W. Singer's Teeth of the Dog ran like an even-money favorite should, gamely holding off a late challenge from Fast Falcon to take the $200,000 Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) June 30 at Belmont Park.
For 3-year-old runners unsuccessful on the Triple Crown trail, the $200,000 Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park offers an opportunity to get back on track for the summer season.
Bob Baffert trainee Castaway is the most likely of the 11 horses entered in the April 21 Coolmore Lexington (gr. III) that, should he win, could find himself in the starting gate on May 5 at Churchill Downs.
The $200,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland April 21 could have implications on starting berths in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) at Churchill Downs May 5.
With Sheldon Russell aboard for trainer Hamilton Smith, Skeedattle Stable's Done Talking ran down Morgan's Guerrilla in the final yards to post a 12-1 upset in the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. III) April 7 at Hawthorne.
Holy Candy has that intriguing unknown factor, and it has to be noted that he's already won at Santa Anita. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- McCraken Still Atop NTRA 3-Year-Old Poll
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks