Wildcat Red was honored as the 2014 Florida-bred Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old colt at the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association annual awards banquet and gala March 16.
Honors Stable Corporation's Wildcat Red turned in a sparkling performance Feb. 1 at Gulfstream Park, taking the $200,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. III) over eight other 3-year-olds in dominant fashion.
Favored Positive Response seized the lead on the final turn and ran away with the $100,000 California Derby for his third consecutive victory at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses