Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races will try a promotion that has been successful at other racetracks when it holds a starter allowance tournament scheduled to begin in March 2012.
In a case that has ramifications for Thoroughbred racing, New York's highest court has refused to hear an appeal by a trainer suspended by state regulators for a pattern of alleged illegal equine drug violations involving horses at Monticello Raceway.
Monticello Raceway--now called Mighty M Gaming at Monticello Raceway--will become the fourth New York racetrack to operate video gaming machines when it turns on the devices the morning of June 30.
Monticello Raceway in New York's Catskill mountains resort region would become the home of a $500-million, Las Vegas-style casino under a deal announced by Gov. George Pataki and the Cayuga Indian tribe.
The state of New York and an Indian tribe signed a memorandum of
understanding May 12 for a major casino in the Catskill Mountains resort area.
A horsemen's group has filed a lawsuit in federal court against Monticello Raceway in New York, alleging the track pocketed at least $1.3 million over the past six years in funds that should have gone to purses.
Casino gambling in the Catskill Mountains of New York took a major step forward with the signing of an agreement between an Indian tribe and the world's largest casino company to manage a sprawling betting resort.
A dispute between the New York City Off-Track Betting Corporation and harness tracks has ended.
State racing regulators have begun investigating a nasty new battle between the New York City Off Track Betting Corp. and Monticello Raceway and Vernon Downs after the big betting outfit suddenly stopped simulcasting races from the two upstate Standardbred tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining