Three of last year's winners are back for another try in the Dec. 13 Longines International Races in Hong Kong, an event enlivened this year by two U.S. runners including Breeders' Cup winner Mongolian Saturday.
A total of 33 international group I winners, including Twinspires Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) victor Mongolian Saturday, are among the 56 entries for the Longines Hong Kong International Races Dec. 12 at Sha Tin.
Tepin delivered her second straight monster performance in a grade I turf race at Keeneland, this time beating males in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) Oct. 31.
Longines Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) favorite Golden Horn on his way to the Keeneland turf track on October 29, followed by Cymric, Time Test, and Mondialiste. Watch Video
The Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) has a rich history of female winners, and this year three distaffers will attempt to add to that legacy against a strong male lineup.
Churchill, Parx, Monmouth Park, Belmont, Gulfstream, Louisiana Downs and More. View Slideshow
Sitting eighth at the three-sixteenths pole, Mondialiste unleashed a furious stretch run and found just enough to win the $1 million Ricoh Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) Sept. 13.
The Arqana summer mixed sale closed July 3 with a record in total receipts and a rise in average price, with trading led by a group I-placed son of Galileo bought for 190,000 euros.
British raider Havana Gold fired off his first top-level win in the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) June 30 at Chantilly while French classic winner Style Vendome finished unplaced in the one-mile race for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Coil's First Starter Wins in California
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby