The Pizza Man delivered some home cooking Aug. 16 when he captured the $400,000 American St. Leger Stakes by a length over defending winner Dandino at Arlington International Racecourse.
Since its creation in 2012, the $400,000 American St. Leger has belonged to Darren Dance's Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock and trainer Marco Botti. On Aug. 16 they return with 2013 winner Dandino.
Trainer David Simcock discusses his entries for Dubai World Cup Day: Trade Storm, Moment in Time, and Sheikhzayedroad. Watch Video
Favored Tannery, overcoming her far outside post, rallied from last to capture the E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) by the skin of her teeth in a head-and-head battle with French invader Fitful Skies at Woodbine Oct. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial