The Pizza Man delivered some home cooking Aug. 16 when he captured the $400,000 American St. Leger Stakes by a length over defending winner Dandino at Arlington International Racecourse.
Since its creation in 2012, the $400,000 American St. Leger has belonged to Darren Dance's Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock and trainer Marco Botti. On Aug. 16 they return with 2013 winner Dandino.
Trainer David Simcock discusses his entries for Dubai World Cup Day: Trade Storm, Moment in Time, and Sheikhzayedroad. Watch Video
Favored Tannery, overcoming her far outside post, rallied from last to capture the E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) by the skin of her teeth in a head-and-head battle with French invader Fitful Skies at Woodbine Oct. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- Kentucky Downs Plans KTDF Purse Increase
- ABR Releases Episode 4 of TC Video Series
- Xpressbet to Sponsor 2015 Preakness Stakes
- Second Suit Filed Against Encore, KY Downs