Odds-on favorite Joyful Victory returned to her winning form with a 7 1/2-length humbling of four opponents in the $195,000 Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II) July 28 at Monmouth Park.
After Joyful Victory threw in a clunker in the Ogden Phipps Handicap (gr. I) in her most recent start, trainer Larry Jones says he's learned his lesson as he brings her to Monmouth Park for the Molly Pitcher Stakes July 28.
Team Forster's Brushed by a Star took her first graded stake in front-running fashion, going wire to wire under Corey Nakatani to win the $202,500 Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II) at Monmouth Park July 29.
Odds-on choice Quiet Giant took charge midway on the far turn and drew away under brisk handling from jockey Julien Leparoux to register a five-length win in the $252,500 Hill 'N' Dale Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II) Sept. 3.
Quiet Giant, off a strong victory at Monmouth Park a month ago, looms a tough customer in the Sept. 3 Hill 'n' Dale Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II), but the race lured a solid field of nine.
Just Jenda went out a winner when she overtook odds-on favorite Malibu Prayer in upper stretch and rolled to an easy 3 1/2-length victory in the $294,000 Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 29.
Grade I winner Malibu Prayer will give six pounds to five fillies and mares when she goes to post as the favorite in the $300,000 Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 29 at Monmouth Park.
Led by Edward P. Evans' Spritely, Pin Oak Stable's Euphony, and Glencrest Farm's Devil House, seven capable fillies and mares were entered for the $300,000 Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 30 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered