Communique will not run in the $2-million Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Oct. 24 due to a foot abscess in her right front leg.
Michael Cooper and Pamela Ziebarth's Tizdejavu, winner of consecutive graded turf stakes at Churchill Downs, invades from his Kentucky homebase as the 2-1 morning line favorite in the $250,000 American Derby (gr. IIT) July 12 at Arlington Park.
With a final surge for red-hot Cornelio Velasquez in deep stretch, Noisette snatched victory away from odds-on choice Shaconage in the $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Arlington Park turf Saturday.
Shaconage, third in last year's Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT), takes another stab at the $150,000 race, this time as the 117 pound starting highweight in the field of 11 fillies and mares at Arlington Park on Saturday.
Pin Oak Stable's homebred Bedanken, recent winner of the Possibly Perfect Stakes here July 5, jumps back into graded stakes competition as the 119-pound starting highweight in the $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Sent off at odds of 3-5, England's Legend was an easy gate-two-wire winner over seven rivals in the $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park Saturday.
The two biggest days of racing at Arlington Park are getting closer, and the track's horse population is changing accordingly.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago