Trainer Richard Mandella takes a shot at his own record Dec. 14 in the $150,000 Native Diver Stakes (gr. III), a 7-year-old longshot could become the oldest winner in the final running, and Slim Shadey tries Cushion Track.
Take Control, the first foal out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, will make his second start after a layoff of 2 1/2 years in the $200,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) July 28 at Del Mar.
Trainer Mike Mitchell, who had brain surgery a day earlier, surely got some much-needed tonic when his Camp Victory swept to victory in the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) at Betfair Hollywood Park June 30.
The Factor, making his first appearance since the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) three months ago, and defending champion Smiling Tiger headline the field for the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. IT) June 30 at Hollywood.
Mr. Commons returns from a layoff of nearly three months to face 10 opponents in the $150,000 American Handicap (gr. II) on the Betfair Hollywood Park turf May 26.
Grade I winner Willa B Awesome, sent off as a heavy favorite in the $288,000 Melair Stakes, was all out to win by a nose over a determined Starry Skies at Befair Hollywood Park April 28.
Uh Oh Bango outfought favored Bold Chieftain by a head in a terrific finish to post the first graded stakes win of his career in the $100,000 Berkeley (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields May 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail