Betfair credits some of the growth in its U.S. operations during the first six months of its fiscal year to its advance-deposit wagering outlet and racing channel TVG purchasing rival racing channel HRTV.
As wagering outlets, racetracks, and other industry entities enter the mobile market, it is important they listen to customers' needs and take care to make sure new apps address those wishes.
Citing its mobile channel as a key driver, Betfair reports that its U.S.-based advance deposit wagering company TVG enjoyed a 15% spike in handle for the six months ended Oct. 31.
TVG said it posted significant gains in wagering for the May 3 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) program.
Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort, which begins its 2013 meet March 1, has been cleared to offer mobile wagering.
Legislation authorizing use of mobile devices for betting on horse races was signed into law by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie Jan. 28.
- By Tom LaMarra
Racetracks are beginning to implement mobile wagering at their facilities with positive results, but officials said Oct. 3 they don't expect it to chase away tote machines and advance deposit wagering systems.
Sona Mobile Holdings and the New York Racing Association have reached an agreement where the gaming and entertainment software company will provide the racetrack group a mobile wagering application, it was announced Oct. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start