Betfair credits some of the growth in its U.S. operations during the first six months of its fiscal year to its advance-deposit wagering outlet and racing channel TVG purchasing rival racing channel HRTV.
As wagering outlets, racetracks, and other industry entities enter the mobile market, it is important they listen to customers' needs and take care to make sure new apps address those wishes.
Citing its mobile channel as a key driver, Betfair reports that its U.S.-based advance deposit wagering company TVG enjoyed a 15% spike in handle for the six months ended Oct. 31.
TVG said it posted significant gains in wagering for the May 3 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) program.
Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort, which begins its 2013 meet March 1, has been cleared to offer mobile wagering.
Legislation authorizing use of mobile devices for betting on horse races was signed into law by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie Jan. 28.
- By Tom LaMarra
Racetracks are beginning to implement mobile wagering at their facilities with positive results, but officials said Oct. 3 they don't expect it to chase away tote machines and advance deposit wagering systems.
Sona Mobile Holdings and the New York Racing Association have reached an agreement where the gaming and entertainment software company will provide the racetrack group a mobile wagering application, it was announced Oct. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset