Mikki Queen, successful in the Japanese Oaks (Jpn-I) earlier this year, added a second classic success to her record when taking the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) in stakes record time Oct. 18 at Kyoto.
Mikki Queen showed her talent and class with a furious late run to capture the Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) from favorite Rouge Buck May 25 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Big favorite Mikki Isle quickly recovered from a less than ideal start and led all the way to win the NHK Mile Cup (Jpn-I) for 3-year-olds by a neck May 11 at Tokyo Racecourse.
The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) foal sale suffered downturns of 33.1% in gross and 32.3% in average during its two-day run that ended July 15 at the Northern Horse Park on the Japanese island of Hokkaido. The three-day gross for the foal and yearling sales combined was down 21.4% from the previous year and the average fell 21.9%.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride