Mikki Queen, successful in the Japanese Oaks (Jpn-I) earlier this year, added a second classic success to her record when taking the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) in stakes record time Oct. 18 at Kyoto.
Mikki Queen showed her talent and class with a furious late run to capture the Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) from favorite Rouge Buck May 25 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Big favorite Mikki Isle quickly recovered from a less than ideal start and led all the way to win the NHK Mile Cup (Jpn-I) for 3-year-olds by a neck May 11 at Tokyo Racecourse.
The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) foal sale suffered downturns of 33.1% in gross and 32.3% in average during its two-day run that ended July 15 at the Northern Horse Park on the Japanese island of Hokkaido. The three-day gross for the foal and yearling sales combined was down 21.4% from the previous year and the average fell 21.9%.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver