Mikki Queen, successful in the Japanese Oaks (Jpn-I) earlier this year, added a second classic success to her record when taking the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) in stakes record time Oct. 18 at Kyoto.
Mikki Queen showed her talent and class with a furious late run to capture the Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) from favorite Rouge Buck May 25 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Big favorite Mikki Isle quickly recovered from a less than ideal start and led all the way to win the NHK Mile Cup (Jpn-I) for 3-year-olds by a neck May 11 at Tokyo Racecourse.
The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) foal sale suffered downturns of 33.1% in gross and 32.3% in average during its two-day run that ended July 15 at the Northern Horse Park on the Japanese island of Hokkaido. The three-day gross for the foal and yearling sales combined was down 21.4% from the previous year and the average fell 21.9%.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017